Thursday, February 09, 2006

Wedding Countdown

Only 9 days to go!

We are nearly there. We should be able to pick up the rings next Monday, my dress should be finished by the wonderful Hazel any day now, and Gordon’s new shirt and tartan plaid should be arriving from Scotland over the next few days. Talk about leaving it all to the last minute!

Our first UK visitor arrives this Sunday. Billy is an old school friend of Gordon's, so he has instructions to bring his kilt to wear on the day! In fact, he said he will wear it on the flight over as well, so we will wait to see. I must remember to take my camera to the airport to meet him!

My family arrive next Wednesday, and I am joining them in Chicago for 2 nights in a hotel before we all come back here on the Friday.

Our friends Claire and Simon fly in on that Friday, and Claire is our official photographer. They are staying at a local hotel, so we will meet up with them sometime on the Friday when I get back from the city.

So it is pretty much all planned out down to the last detail. The major thing that is not going our way so far is the weather. The whole point of having it at this time of year was for snowy photos, but we have been let down on that front. I know there is still time, but the forecast does not promise much over the next few days at least. I think we need to pray for a miracle.

2 Comments:

At 4:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well better make sure you have your camera and a big trolley for my bag with all this chocolate but im gonna keep it under lock and key till after saturday cant have all that hard work on your dress going to waist(oops) see you soon billy

 
At 3:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour! Reading about all the planning reminded me of our adventures in Paris and my own wedding dress. :)
I am so excited for the webcast and cannot wait to see your dress!!! I have been checking "last minute deals" in hopes for a cheap and quick flight to Chicago next weekend (although I know this is terribly unrealistic)... We'll definitely be E-tending and the kids are looking forward to it too! Having read quite a bit of Gordon's blog, I feel like I know him a bit and really enjoy his great wit and fine writing... as well as his hearty stamina to puke mid-party and keep on going!!!
We'll be with you in spirit next weekend and wish you all the best~ xo Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home