Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Barefoot and Pregnant

Yes, it is true, the summer heat is well and truly here and barefoot is the only way to go!

Oh, and yes, I am also pregnant! Actually quite far along now, have been meaning to write this for ages and not got round to it.

I am around 28 weeks pregnant, with the due date being 25th September. We did not want to find out the sex, since we felt there are not many other surprises in life these days. I have finished with the morning sickness phase, which was actually an all day nausea for about 7 weeks, and am now just getting into the third trimester and am getting really big. And I have the hottest part of the year to get through still.

We have gone the American route and made a registry with Babies R Us and my friend Hazel is planning my baby shower for next month. Someone else has to throw the shower for you, it is not the done thing to throw your own shower. I have been to a few baby showers over the past year and they seem to involve food and drink, a few games and watching the mum-to-be opening all her presents. We will definitely be having alcohol at mine, as that is not always included, and I am trying to think of a way around making everyone watch me open the presents, as I have found that to be quite dull from a guest’s point of view. But it seems that some people might be offended if I don’t open them that day, and some others will want to see the gifts, so we are trying to think of things that everyone else can be doing at the same time so they don’t just have to sit and watch.

My Mum is planning to come over for the birth and stay for around 6 weeks, which will be great. She wants to get here about a week before, just in case I am early. I am really hoping I am not late, as I don’t want the baby to have a chance to grow too big! So far I think my weight gain has been about the amount they recommend, but I feel like I am getting bigger every day now, so don’t know what I am going to end up like.

As far as other things go, I joined the ladies golf league that plays on the 9 hole course across the street from us every week. And I have signed up to do an aqua aerobics class at the outdoor pool at the end of our street 2 days a week for the next 3 weeks.

I will try to keep this blog updated a bit more often in future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home