Thursday, October 11, 2007

After the Main Event

Once the hell of giving birth was over, our friends Amy and Kevin brought us a pizza, and I swear that was the best pizza I have ever eaten! I had not been allowed to eat anything since Friday breakfast time, and it was now Saturday tea-time so I was starving. During the last few hours of delivery I had also been craving a nice big glass of coke with lots of ice, so I made sure that was on hand for straight after. I had at first been allowed to drink water, but then was restricted to only ice chips during the last few hours.

We were then moved to the next room, where we would spend the next 2 nights. Gordon stayed with me the whole time, and Mum went home overnight to be with Reggie. The hospital layed on a special celebratory dinner for two on Sunday night with steak and champagne, brought in on a table complete with white table cloth, it looked just like room service in a hotel. We had several visitors during Sunday, and unfortunately the dinner was brought to our room at the ridiculously early time of 4.30pm, when people were still with us, but we were able to reheat it later, and it still tasted good.

I was breast feeding in the hospital, but it was pretty painful, so I asked several times to see the lactation consultant, but basically it seemed the weekend is not a good time to give birth as she is not on duty then, and she was off sick on Monday. So we came home Monday, then went back Tuesday to see her. Turns out Addison had not got the latch down right, so after some help I went home again with some aids to help encourage her to suck, and feeling more confident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home